When We Are ClosedNHS111_(2)

On weekdays between the hours of 18:30 and 08:00, and all day and night at weekends and on bank holidays, services are commissioned by the Wiltshire Primary Care Trust which employs Wiltshire Medical Services to run the service.

If you wish to see an emergency doctor telephone NHS 111.

This number puts the caller through to trained staff who will decide on the appropriate action, whether it be advice, an appointment at a treatment centre or, in the case of a medical emergency, a home visit.

Find out more about NHS 111 here.

The treatment centres are based in the community hospitals in Chippenham, Savernake and Trowbridge.

Minor Injuries Unit

These units are staffed to treat people with minor injuries, such as cuts, bruises, sprains and simple fractures - not those with medical problems or very serious injuries that need the specialist attention provided by acute hospitals such as the Royal United Hospital in Bath.

Anyone with a medical problem should not normally be attending a minor injuries unit; they should ring the out of hours NHS 111.

Out-of-hours services are generally busy so please think carefully before asking to see a doctor and only do so if you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.

In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.  

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website